Monday, February 13, 2012

I did 100 Push Ups!

Firstly, my Happy News of the Day - I don't have borderline osteoporosis anymore and in the normal range for bone density! The corticosteroids taken from age 24 till 36 (finally successfully weaned off 3 months ago) caused bone loss, so the bone density scans at 28 and 32 were worrying. I feel very encouraged with today's result, and hopeful to increase bone density even more now. :D


Day 55 (Sat, 11 Feb). Yoga was a relief to do, although I usually do everything I can to postpone starting it. At 1.5 hrs this is the longest workout in P90X and I just don't like long workouts. The issue lies with the timing of my eats. I gotta eat every couple hours (3-4 hrs) so I don't get hypoglycaemic-like. And I can't eat 2 hrs before any workout. With my lunch time at noon, and maybe a snack at 4 pm, I need to start yoga at 6 pm to not bonk during that long session. But I usually can't start till 7 or 8 pm. And I inevitably feel too hungry at about mid-point when Tony is putting me through the dreaded Reverse Half Moon. :p  Anyway, I am pleased to report that I can not only grab both feet sitting down leaning forward, my nose is mere inches away from my patella!! Not too shabby considering I could barely touch my toes on Day 1. Also massaged some prime athlete specimens for 2 hours - good upper body workout heh.

Day 56 (Sun, 12 Feb). Glad the I scheduled the workouts to have Sunday as Rest or X-Stretch. It's worked out well for most part because Sundays are normally very busy for me. I made Ken & Justin's birthday cake today with Alp's help. Oh, and I massaged willing family members for 2.5 hours.

Day 57 (Mon, 13 Feb). Chest and Back plus Ab Ripper. I was trepidaceous of doing this workout. It calls for all these push ups and pull ups and doubles of everything. So after I give it a good effort first round, I need to dig deeper for Round 2, and match what I did in Round 1. While I was surprised that I could do 10 pushups without going on my knees, I questioned if I could repeat in Round 2. I struggled, but largely succeeded! Round 1 saw me doing these:
  1. Standard pushups: 10 full, 10 on knees (I still can't go all the way down, but am getting deeper)
  2. Wide Front Pull-Ups: 5 from standing, 5 assisted (remember my pull up bar is set low, so I wouldn't be able to do 5 full pull ups if the bar is set higher).
  3. Military Push-Ups: 10 full
  4. Reverse Grip Chin-Ups: 7 + 3
  5. Wide Fly Push-Ups: 10 full
  6. Close Grip Overhand Pull-Ups: 5+3
  7. Decline Push-Ups: 10 
  8. Heavy Pants: 27 with 2.5 kg weights
  9. Diamond Push-Ups: 10
  10. Lawnmowers: 17 with 5 kg weights
  11. Dive-Bomber Push-Ups: 6
  12. Back Flyes: 20 with 4 kg weights
Round 2 was much the same but felt so much harder. I did the Diamond Push-Ups on my knees and tried to go deeper, I upped the weights to 4kg for Heavy Pants. 

Grand total about 100 Pushups and 34 Pull Ups. 
I would have puked if I had had anything in my tummy. But since I didn't, I just burped a LOT. And I paused whenever I felt faint (in Round 2). For the first time I saw a huge long vein running all the way down my bicep from armpit to inner elbow. I had nothing left in my arms after.

Then I had to do Ab Ripper! Groan! All the core work in Chest and Back previously left with me zilch for Ab Ripper, but it was actually not bad at all today haha. Feeling very satisfied, I went and ate a huge meal.

Breakfast: Chicken porridge, Snack: Some rice cakes (a bit too sweet but that's the problem with eating out), Snack: 4 eggs, Lunch: 3 egg omelette with 1 cup of fresh slightly sweet cream, Dinner: Chicken soup with fixins. That omelette lunch was kinda out there. I woke starving from my lunch time nap, had nothing easy to fix up, and decided to make a creamy souffle like omelette, which I put down with a LOT of cream. I somehow managed to digest it. And it tasted good!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment!