Monday, January 2, 2012

I did a Pull Up!

I am proud to announce that I have CRUSHED my New Year Resolution to successfully execute one (1) pull up by the end of 2012.

Thank you. Thank you.

Sometimes I surprise even myself. :p

Today, Day 15 of P90X, I had use of a pull up bar for the first time. (I'd been using those resistance bands
before). I installed it yesterday, using borrowed tools from my lil bro Ken's treasure chest.



I am also very proud that I installed it without breaking Ken's equipment. See proof of installation below:

Unfortunately, I didn't have a level. So the pull up bar is not 100% level. My P90X coach, Spencer Clark, assured me that was not a problem. I was concerned that the tilt would result in unbalanced muscle development (i.e., a huge left bicep and skinny right bicep. Oh the horror.).

Doesn't look too bad aye?
I was a bit tired from riding Kermit earlier, but I managed to get through 'Chest & Back + Ab Ripper' okay. I averaged five pull ups each set! Not one. Not two. F-I-V-E!! My upper body is still really weak, but hopefully I'll be able to do a couple of real push ups down the road.

Peace!

4 comments:

  1. yeah real pushups, not those synthol-man "i did 15 last time, so i'll try top that by doing SIXTEEN" pushups.

    good job with the pull up bar installation!

    don't worry about the huge left bicep skinny right bicep thing. all you need to do is just remember turn and face the other way every alternate set of pull ups. hahahahaha....

    lil bro Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, thanks Ken! I'll have to deal with the unbalanced bicep development, can't do pullups facing the other way cuz my head would hit the door frame haizz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, the uneven development of muscle got to do with isolation and muscle confusion. :)

    If the fear of bigger either side, what you do is one set facing into the room, one set facing out of the room. :)

    I used to be able to execute 20 perfect chin up. Last i tried...it was down to...5...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Stupe, 20 chin ups is HUGE! You could probably get back into that kinda shape real quick especially with your healthy lifestyle and lighter weight now. Let's P90X!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment!