Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Days 37 & 38: Plyo & Back & Biceps plus the usual AB RIPPER :D

Day 37 Plyometrics was procrastinated upon until 9 pm. I just wasn't sure if I should even do it, because I didn't want to aggravate the plantar fasciitis (which seems to be diminishing gradually, I think in large part due to my modified sleep position). After weighing the pros ('will feel awesome', 'need the workout', 'need to check the X in Workout Manager') and the cons ('possibly worsen pf'), I decided to go for it. Carefully. According to the ortho doc, my history of taking corticosteroids has predisposed me to these kinds of maladies. The steroids deteriorate the fat pads (natural cushion) at the bottom of my feet, and also age the sinew, ligaments, etc (probably includes plantar fascia). I still think my body can heal and maybe reverse some of this aging. We'll see. I managed to do plyo without getting nauseous this time. And I think I'm getting the hang of Rock Star Hops too. And I'm grateful my knees are still somehow not hurting too badly, allowing me to get deeper into the lunges and squats. Breakfast: 4 eggs, Lunch: A. ruth's beef stew, cabbage, Snack: pineapple tart, mandarin orange, Dinner: lontong, char chee yoke, kow yoke, herbal chicken, Supper: 4 eggs.

Day 38: Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper. I dragged my elliptical machine into the bathroom so I could rest my foot on it for assisted pull ups. (The pull up bar is installed at the bathroom door :D). So I managed to get a couple more reps in today, rather than being done at 4. I hadn't gotten around to getting/buying more weights yet, but managed to find a decent burn with the 2.5 kgs. The 15 minute Ab Ripper is still my favorite part of P90X. I worked my way up to more than 300 moves now, and when I hit 339, I'll modify some of them to make them tougher! Right now I'm doing the easiest versions of all the moves hehe. Breakfast: 4 eggs, Lunch: Sushi Tei (nearly ate a cockroach leg yikes), Snack: 3 eggs, fish jerky, sweet meat, popcorn, Dinner: poached chicken and soup, snack: 2 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment!