Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stop the Slide :p

Monday and Tuesday were max full days (Sports Massage Course). Got back too late on Monday to do 'Chest, Shoulders, Triceps & Ab Ripper'.... so I did that on Tuesday instead. At the moment all the workouts are pushed back a day. I don't like it. I like Sunday to be 'Rest or X Stretch'. I did Plyometrics on Wednesday (instead of Tuesday). Both Plyo and Chest were really hard for me, probably due to lack of sleep (sleeping at my parents') and also still felt the effects of the MMR jabs (sorethroat-ey). 

Today, I had planned to do two workouts, to get myself back on track... but that didn't happen. However, I am very happy with just 'Back & Biceps + Ab Ripper'. I didn't have time to do Yoga. I'm getting better with the pull ups and chin ups! And I think the assisted pull ups/chin ups are allowing me to get more reps in, making me stronger. The last time I did 'Back & Biceps + Ab Ripper', I bonked during Ab. At that time I felt this combo was the toughest in the P90X series because pull ups really work the core, and to follow with Ab was kinda impossible. 

Not today. :D

I went all out on Back, and surprised myself by doing better on Ab! 

I threw myself at the pull up bar with utter abandon. And I did the myriad curls till my arms were trembling. This is where keeping records is helping me push myself a bit more. I try to match what I did previously, and if I feel able, I do a little more. When I saw that I wrote down 16 assisted pull ups last time, this time I did as many unassisted ones as I could, then switched to assisted effort to reach 16. 

I am SO CHUFFED that I crushed Ab Ripper today. Pfifer Scissors, my former nemesis, is actually doable now. I just dial into the lovely hypnotic beat music they play, and tune out the pain and protesting coming from my abdominal area, and wallah, it's done! 

Eating: Not been eating the best, since Monday was mostly eating out, but tried to stay low carb. Today: Breakfast: 4 eggs, Lunch: poached chicken with white rice, Snack: poached chicken with salad, Dinner: chicken soup with pork, liver, 2 eggs, veggies, Dessert: oat bar, pancake.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment!