Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 24: Killed Kenpo

I'm a procrastinator, which is bad. I'm also slightly obssessive-compulsive, which is also bad. Except when it comes to P90X. The nice thing about P90X is that there's this neat MsExcel schedule that you check daily. This is very good for OCD afflicted me, because I MUST place that 'X' in the box for that day's workout. So, how I procrastinate also, I will still make sure I do the workout just so I can complete the 'X' for that day. Fortunately, I love the pain and heavy breathing that comes with the workouts, and usually look forward to them. :)

For today's Kenpo I wasn't trying to procrastinate. I sat down on bed, put my hand into my sock to turn it outside-in, decided to do a big ol' stretch.... and promptly dozed off! WTH! I woke up an hour later with my hand still in the sock. Haiz...

What kinda person falls asleep while turning out a sock?

By that time I was hungry, so I had some chicken soup first.

I finally started Kenpo at 6 pm. I do it in front of the mirror and compare with the vid to try get the same nice form. This Kenpo is really growing on me as I get the hang of it. As I do those hooks, uppercuts, jabs, hammers, blocks and kicks, I feel the dormant animal inside me activating. I look in the mirror and instead of seeing a skinny middle-aged woman throwing wimpy punches, I picture a tough wiry-muscled Xena shattering an attacker's jaw and crushing a couple knee caps. It's very good for my psyche, helps with the bad memory of being attacked in my student days. I think Kenpo gets me in the frame of mind for self-defense. Now all I need is Coach to be my practice punching bag :D.

Ate the usual: Breakfast: 4 eggs, Lunch: Chicken soup with minced pork and veggies, Snack: Honey Oat bar, Dinner: Big poached chicken and avocado salad, raw apple cider vinegar & raw honey with cold pressed extra virgin olive oil dressing. Dessert: Ais Krim Potong (no more sugar after this - just finishing leftover stock from the last guests who stayed with me). Need to eat more - still stuck at 45 kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment!