Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pushing it with Plyometrics

I love Plyometrics. It gets my heart rate going, though so far it hasn't hit MHR as it has during my long runs. I really should wear my heart rate monitor though, so that I can keep track of my ticker.

My favorite Plyo move at the moment is the Airborne Heismann that has me leaping from one imaginary monster truck tire to the other next to it. I mostly like it cuz it doesn't hurt my knees. Arthritis sux sometimes!

My least favorite move is the Rock Star Hop, which I find extremely difficult to execute. And all the other moves that involve squatting or lunging... which in Plyo, is all that you get! Ouch. :p. (For a review of all the moves in Plyo, check out Charles Lloyd Fitness.)

These knees of mine have good days and bad. Today was an okay day, so I'm happy. I got drenched with sweat, felt the 'Burn' and embraced it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment!