Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 31: Back & Biceps, Ab Ripper

I couldn't figure out why my legs were so sore today, especially my thighs. Then I remembered. Ahhh. Plyometrics yesterday. Actually it's been a while since my legs felt any soreness. I hope I can start running again in the next month or two. The cardio from running is unmatched, and my legs get so strong.

So today with Back & Biceps plus Ab Ripper, my legs got a rest. The 2.5 kg weights are starting to be too light. I don't really want to buy weights though. They cost too much. I also realized today that I can't really do five chin ups properly, like I thought I could. It's more like three. This is because my pull up bar is not installed high enough for me to get my feet off the ground when hanging with arms extended. So those five chin ups don't count because I do them from a standing position. Oh well. I did manage 30+ of these pseudo-chin ups over the course of the workout. My right shoulder started to hurt though :\

Ab Ripper, I'm lovin it!!! My core is getting stronger! Makes me want to do even more. I envision the day that I will be able to do the full set of Pfifer Scissors without pausing. And with my legs straight.

Breakfast: 4 eggs, Lunch: Poached chicken and soup, Snack: Cookie, more chicken and soup, Dinner: Poached chicken salad with pine nuts, Dessert: Love letters, Supper: 4 eggs.

I weighed myself today and was a little surprised and semi-disappointed to see my weight is still 45 kg (100 lb). I thought I would be heavier by now. I guess I am not eating enough. Gonna have to step it up!




2 comments:

  1. Do you take the eggs whole or just the whites?? keep at it Grace.... well done... I really need to up the ante on my calorie intake both qualitatively and quantitatively...sigh!!
    The number of eggs you consume is pretty daunting... but I just saw a video of someone training to enter a fitness competition and she does 9 eggs per day.. amazing results too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd4YM0Jdhl8&feature=share

    Paul Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul! I take whole eggs - the LTK Omega large size. I was worried that my cholesterol levels would skyrocket, but apparently in some research study there was no effect of egg consumption on cholesterol levels. I've also lurked in bodybuilding forums and these guys put down up to 12 eggs a day with no cholesterol issues. The vid...wow.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment!