Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 33: Legs & Back + Ab Ripper :D

I don't always feel motivated to start the workouts, but I know I always feel pretty awesome by the end of them, so I remind myself of that, and press the 'Play' button for the vid. What also helps get me in the I-wanna-bring-it frame of mind is putting on my exercise attire, which comprises a sports bra top and short tights. Then I do a couple of those Arnold Schwarzenegger poses (like the one below), and admire my little budding biceps, and wallah, I'm ready to go! Being able to make out a teeny hint of my abs is somehow ridiculously motivating to me, so I narcissistically ogle my tummy in the mirror throughout the workout. Embarrassing but true and hey, whatever it takes right? :p   



I ran out of steam towards the end of Legs & Back. Those chin ups are so very tiring and become harder and harder to do properly. At the point it's only 3-4 'till failure' (maximum reps). Making lots of unladylike grunting sounds helps me get in the last one. I took a little honey before continuing on to Ab Ripper and that boosted my energy enough to survive the 15 minutes. I realize that as I get stronger, I also tend to increase the intensity of the moves without being prodded to do so, instead of just going through the motions. It's a good feeling to discover that about myself. I never thought I had the discipline to workout by myself! I still can't do much of Pfifer Scissors. That's the hardest move in Ab Ripper, especially following an hour of Legs & Back. 

Breakfast: 4 eggs, Snack: 4 eggs, Lunch: Chicken soup with minced pork, liver, veggies, Snack: 1 pc love letter, Dinner: Huge chicken and pine nut salad, Supper: 3 eggs. I decided I'm just going to eat as many eggs as I like, and let's see how that affects my cholesterol levels in my blood test next month. I'm sure it would be better if I were also running every day like I used to. I think I'll dust off my pseudotrainer to get more cardio in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment!